Saturday, September 12, 2020

Avoiding Browser Notifications

Recently, it seems that many of the web sites that I go to want to push notifications to me. My browser is set up to ask me if I want to allow or block these notifications, but there have been times when I've selected "Allow" but later want to stop those notifications. This can occur when I'm in the middle of typing during a notification and something I type is interpreted as selecting "Allow" on the notification. It can also occur when I initially opt to allow notifcations from a particular site, but then change my mind later (typically because the site is far too pushy in the frequency of notifications).

The article "How to stop those annoying website notification prompts" describes how to disable / turn-off / block notifications from various web sites in popular web browsers Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. The PCWorld article "How to turn off web notifications in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox" describes blocking these website notifications from popular browsers Chrome, Firefox, and Edge and, at the time of this writing, demonstrates an example of a site that asks if I'm interested in notifications from their site.

Additional References

No comments:

Post a Comment