Sunday, May 6, 2012

Westin La Paloma (Tucson)

I don't travel to Tucson, Arizona, very often, but when I do, I like to stay at the Westin La Paloma. There are numerous accommodations closer to the Tucson International Airport, but I think it's worth the approximately 40 minute drive to stay at the Westin La Paloma.

My favorite thing about the Westin La Paloma in Tucson is the landscaping around the buildings. There are numerous species of cacti and other desert-friendly vegetation. These plants attract numerous birds and wildlife, making even a simple walk to one's room an opportunity to experience nature. This resort has numerous other activities as well, but my favorite part is the beauty of the landscaping and the surrounding area in that part of Tucson.

The rooms themselves are fairly basic but comfortable and clean. The resort has a long list of things on hand in case you forget small items and toiletries. The exterior, especially in the front, is also attractive and the very large swimming pool is nice. The main lobby area is very nice and is spacious. They also have conference rooms.

When I do get that rare opportunity to travel to Tucson, staying at the Westin La Paloma is one of the highlights of the trip that I look most forward to. I really enjoy seeing the the lush desert landscape and the associated wildlife that seems to like it as well as I.

No comments:

Post a Comment